View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #289
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Contempt? I came from a working class family. Those are my roots. Thye would use these very same terms for people who are doing exactly what they are doing. You're also making Cliff's point for him. You're proving that the left are a bunch of snowflakes and can't get their hands dirty and play the game the same way the right does. That is why the right wins in America.

Give me a break. These people you are talking about don't understand globalization or the global economy. That is the point! They are ignorant about this very topic you think is resonating with them and driving them to vote specific ways. For crying out loud, they just voted in a bunch of globalists! They just voted for a guy that has leveraged his brand around the globe! You think for a second they have any concept of what Trump's policies would have on their lives? No, they voted because they heard a fairy tale they could comprehend, one that was based on a false promise from the very type of people they supposedly fear and loathe, because of their economic safety.

So pandering=good, but honesty=bad. Got it.

So its okay to say educated liberals are "entitled" and have "delusions of grandeur" but its wrong to call those salt of the earth working class folk "uneducated" and "stupid" because of the very behaviors they display on a consistent basis? Interesting double standard you have there. And you talk about bizarre?
I at no point said all liberals are entitled or delusional. Both liberals and conservatives can be delusions can be entitled. My point is that stating one group is entirely negative is divisive and unproductive.

I also at no point have provided any support for Trump or stated that his pandering was "good. I stated it was merely successful, which it was.

The working class has an absolute point that nothing is being done to help them under the current system. We've got a system where: manual labour jobs are leaving North America or not seeing proper wage increases; property prices have been rising dramatically for a decade; middle earning wages get taxed heavily; post-secondary education costs are out of control, and the value of earning a degree is replaced by nepotism; social mobility is dying; and just about anyone earning a significant amount of money can tax shelter those earnings in a private corporation.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote