View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 08:47 AM   #125
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
No kidding. It's only been 7 games FFS, and the Flames are currently off to one of their best starts that I can remember. And this is with a lot of new players, new coaching staff, new systems, and Smith not being at his best. I think people need to chill out and give them at least a few more games before we make any serious judgments about Smith or the team.

From my perspective, the team has looked pretty damn solid for the most part and they've held their own against one of the top elite teams in the league over two games vs the Preds, and looked dominant against a very good Bruins team. They also played a fantastic game against Colorado last weekend. Sure, there have been some defensive lapses, the PP has been uneven, and the goaltending has been somewhat shoddy. But I still have faith that these kinks will work themselves out sooner than later.

Smith will likely get the start again on Sunday against the Rangers. If he craps the bed, then maybe Peters gives Rittich a chance to take the ball and run with it for a few games. I thought he played very well in his previous start.
And they've played very tough teams in 5 of the 7 games, including some pretty stiff travel.

They're holding their own and the defensive numbers along with Smith's numbers are sure to normalize.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote