View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 11:02 AM   #1733
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I really wasn't convinced that GG was ruining him but I am now convinced. Peters realizing the potential that is Sam Bennett is a revelation. Even though he doesn't have a lot of points he has looked great the last few games. Last night when he was on the top line with Monahan and Lindholm, they hemmed the Bruins in their zone a few times and Bennett was a monster at killing the clock.

I don't think he and Janko really go together to be honest. I would rather see Bennett in a top 6 roll whenever it is possible and hopefully not because of injuries to our top 6.

Maybe something like this for a line up:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Tkachuk
Bennett - Lindholm - Neal
Frolik - Backlund - Czarnik
Hathaway - Janko - Ryan

If those top 2 lines aren't producing then you back to the JG-SM-EL, 3M line and SB-MJ-JN and Ryan centering the 4th line.

I think Bennett playing in the top 6 will be a huge boost to this teams offense and difficulty to play against. Having him on a line with Janko and Neal has been ok, I think he can be utilized better though.