Thread: [PGT] Flames 3 Avs 2
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 12:14 AM   #397
Macindoc
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMan View Post
I watched Johnny Hockey's game winner and at first, I thought he was recovering and regaining his balance upon entering the Av's blue line. Upon a dozen views later, it appears that he was either pointing to the net with his left hand in one motion or pointing twice with his left hand towards the goal, signalling that he will score (based on all 3 CBC camera angles). Do we have two pre celebrations on the same play by Johnny and Ritter?

I don't know how to do GIF based on video, but have a look as I pretty sure that he was a signalling he will score vs trying to regain balance 4 strides into the zone. Or am I'm imagining things?
Looked like a fist pump to me. Gaudreau seems a lot more confident shooting and taking the puck to the net this year instead of always passing, and his teammates are feeling it, too. Having said that, the scoresheet is still showing more assists than goals for Gaudreau at this point, but if he keeps up the confident attempts, more goals should also come.

I also wonder whether the sight of Rittich jumping for joy at the other end may have distracted Varlamov a bit. I know his eyes would have been on the puck, but goalies also pay attention to what is going on in their peripheral vision so they can pick up potential targets for passes.

Last edited by Macindoc; 10-15-2018 at 12:16 AM.
Macindoc is offline   Reply With Quote