View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #1449
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
The time to trade Bennett is now. It's at the point now where if he regresses anymore than his value falls to unrecoverable levels and he'd end up being waived.

As a straight up trade I imagine he'd fetch an early 3rd round pick. Package him for an early 2nd +.

Bennett's a Chris Bourque type guy. Exceptional AHL player but can't produce at the NHL level.

Chris Bourque stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=78707
Why? I cannot understand this line of thinking... I'd rather see Bennett's potential play out on this team than trade him for a 3rd round pick. Jesus Christ, a 3rd round pick is more often than not, absolutely nothing of value. We don't need a 3rd round pick that likely won't ever play, or if they do it won't be for 2+ years. Right now, Bennett is very solid depth, which is clearly important. And you would trade him why? Because he's a 4th overall pick that isn't blowing the roof off? Who cares, he's a good player who is better than 99% of 3rd round picks... not to mention the fact that he's playing very well at the moment, Peters bumped him up the lineup... but yeah trade him now, for a very low odds lottery ticket.
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post: