View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 12:46 PM   #149
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about being disappointed with Samsung, though. They've had the same design for the S8 and S9, so will no doubt redesign for S10. An in-display fingerprint sensor is likely, and foldable is possible (in their line-up somewhere, not necessarily as an S10). Even one of those would give me a phone that's interestingly different from what I have now, which is all I'm looking for.

Another opportunity is for a small flagship. Would be wicked if they released an S10 mini.
maybe they try to revolutionize the form factor, but that's risky stuff if you have to convert your factories to pump out folding phones, only to discover that people actually hate them. if I were Samsung I'd do the Apple thing and let some other ambitious company do the field testing for me, and then jump in with a refined version only once it's proven there's a market.

I always wonder why Samsung keeps pushing Bixby when the base platform comes with Google's ever more powerful AI. for me, the bleh hardware spec bump of the Pixel 3 isn't the real news, it's all the software powered stuff that is going to take phones to the next level. there's lots of features like the Night Sight mode, Google becoming your call screening/appointment booking secretary, etc. that I'll get on my "old" Pixel 2.

the movie Her is about to become even prescient than we thought. it's not that far fetched that you could set your phone's voice to a raspy Scarlett Johansson, allowing it to organize your day and handle all your communications so you can free up more time to grow your moustache and lay on the beach in your high waisted trousers.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post: