View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 03:52 PM   #138
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
you'll most definitely be disappointed. the high end phone market is mature and there isn't anything left to tinker with other than the camera and screen in tiny increments. the only remaining growth is in the low-mid segment where Huawei and Xiaomi are moving their cheap units by the boatload in highly populated poor places like India.

Samsung and other premium phone manufacturers will just coast on their current phone products while investing in the next big thing. Apple is already gobbling up the watch segment, so other players have to move fast to get into the rest of the wearables market (glasses etc.)
I wouldn't be so sure about being disappointed with Samsung, though. They've had the same design for the S8 and S9, so will no doubt redesign for S10. An in-display fingerprint sensor is likely, and foldable is possible (in their line-up somewhere, not necessarily as an S10). Even one of those would give me a phone that's interestingly different from what I have now, which is all I'm looking for.

Another opportunity is for a small flagship. Would be wicked if they released an S10 mini.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote