View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #2726
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
I've been thinking about Dougie.

Hypothetically, if one of my co-workers didn't show up at an end of year/christmas gathering or something, everyone would be wondering where they are and why they didn't show up to the event. Then if that person wasn't really participating in other team (ie. team building) events during the year, for sure they'd be isolating themselves and if they didn't have good reasons, even if they were a superstar, this would affect the entire group.
I would think that a superstar being socially isolated would have a much bigger impact than some 4th line grunt. That 4th line guy, people really only expect him to do his limited job. Star players are all expected to be leaders to some extent.

IDK.

The vagueness of it all sounds to me like people have trouble putting to words what specifically is the deal with him. His own comment does suggest that he might have some entitlement issues, but I would expect we'd have heard more about that if it was the gist of the problem. A lot of what's being told makes me wonder if he has trouble understanding social rules and/or unspoken rules? If he has those kind of issues, it would actually kind of make sense to have his brother around as a social translator of sorts. (I really don't want to speculate with anything resembling a diagnosis. I'm not a shrink and I've never met Dougie Hamilton.)

I have sympathy for Dougie, but it also sounds like it was probably best for everyone that we moved him. I hope he finds a way to fit in Carolina, or somewhere.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote