View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 09:05 PM   #388
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
Wait a minute, would the changes give you more work? Why are you so staunchly for this change when no evidence has been brought up supporting it?
Not sure I follow...

But anyway, we talked earlier about how the City did present evidence that when speed limits drop, there is a reduction of average speed regardless of design. When combined with design changes so that “design speed” matches posted speed there are further drops in speed and improved safety outcome. This is the very basis of the vision zero philosophy, that has proven out pretty dramatic decreases in collisions where it’s been implemented. The motion includes direction that if posted speed is reduced, this will inform changes in the requirements for his streets are built in new communities. I was pointing out that I think this would be a positive change from the selfish point of view that it would be cheaper to build and provide better qualities and amenities that residents value. That of course is quite aside from the implementation on existing streets.

Last edited by Bunk; 09-26-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote