View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 04:25 PM   #58
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Both goalies progressed last year? Idk about that. Rittich looked very shaky as the season progressed and performed poorly in the AHL as well. And Gillies is still wildly inconsistent and hasn't shown many good starts at the NHL level.

I'm all for patience when it looks like there's a spark of NHL greatness there -- it's why Bennett should be kept, for all his faults -- but too much patience is how you get stuck with Brent Krahn as your best goaltending prospect for eight years.
What I meant was that they progressed last year, from the year before. Rarely do you see progression so linear that it is visible all throughout the year as well.

But what you want from prospects is seeing progression from year to year. And we clearly got that from both of them.

I expect to see further progression from each of them this season. If we don't, then the tome of the conversation will change.

But it's pretty ridiculous to say that you're tired of these guys after 2 years, when the 2nd year was an improvement on the 1st for both of them.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post: