View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 03:42 PM   #146
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
Along with minor hockey going here it means that a new reffing season is upon us. I beg everyone to help us try and keep some younger officials by standing up for parents going after young refs. We are trying to do all that we can to insulate them with some older officials with them, but it is not always the case and we need parents to step up and help us out. If a any official struggles tell your manager. Your manager can get the information to the assignors as needed and if there is a pattern with certain officials we need to know. Big changes within the official communities as Hockey Alberta centralized it all so hopefully this makes things a lot easier going forward!

Happy season to all
That part is huge. I agree 100% with everything you have said. Are you saying there is now a way to provide feedback on referees? If so this is a huge step forward. I coached up until this year (kids have graduated out of minor hockey) and one of my biggest issues was there was seemingly no way to provide feedback (positive and negative) about an official. They were unapproachable and beyond any sort of critique it seemed. I would have loved to share my thoughts with Central Zone, Hockey Calgary, anyone really and I think there is a place for it and it can be beneficial without turning into a giant complaint session.

There were many game I would have like to let the officiating groups know what a great job their official did in my game, and there were times I would like to let them know their official struggled at the level they were assigned to officiate.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote