View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #315
you&me
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Don't forget that becoming a politician - or running for office - does not automatically qualify you to make sound economic decisions. Many people who are glued to their political parties assume their parties are making sound economic decisions and run by competent people.

Someone who has ####ty personal finances and a spotty credit history can get into office just as easily as a tight-ass budget conscious financial planner.

More often than not people are no more qualified than you or anyone else is.
I've come to hold the belief that Canadian politics is such a messy sport with relatively little payoff that anyone running for office is really not that qualified for whatever post they end up being appointed to.

In the grand scheme of attracting the best and brightest, politics simply comes up short on almost every front.

Want to make a difference in the world? Good luck affecting real change... you're simply one vote, or one cog in the machine.

Want to feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day? Ummm... Talk about running on the spot.

Want to make bank? The salaries and pensions are (comparatively) laughable.

This is all while your every move and action (before and after being elected) is scrutinized under a microscope.

The real best and brightest are too busy actually getting #### done and making money in their chosen field. Politics gets to draw from everyone that's left...
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote