View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #2952
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetric View Post
i think Schefeile was thrown out to show it took him to year 4 to really break out as an example of pays to be patient
Correct.

And to show that progression in the league varies from player to player, and a large part of it has to do with the situations the players are put in (line mates, ice time, responsibility).

We've treated Sam Bennett as a third liner. And he's produced like a third liner. Stay tuned for more shocking news at 11.

If we want to see progression in his stats, he needs more offensive opportunities. That means 2nd line power play at a minimum, competent line mates, and more 5v5 ice time. Does he have to earn it, of course. But that is such a chicken and egg situation as well. There's been plenty of analysis that shows his 5v5 scoring rates are actually pretty good, and if not for some poor shooting statistics and having to drag around the shell of former 20 goal scorer Troy Brouwer, he'd likely be right where we expected him to be.

This isn't Curtis Lazar we're talking about. Bennett has plenty of untapped potential, he just needs to be given a chance to realize it.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post: