View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 10:00 PM   #250
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love the Podcast,

I think finding some Private sector developers would be interesting to discuss their vision for Calgary. Both Inner city and suburban and how zoning and developement regulation impact that vision. And hot button issues like water /sewer levies

Someone from Calgary Chamber discussing business taxation and options to avoid swings or provide fairer models or if the balance of business taxation vs residential is reasonable

Someone from traffic optimization in the city to discuss signal timing and what currently exists and their ultimate vision optimization if they had unlimited resources.

Any Councilours / Political Scientists who want to come on to talk about Nimbyism and how it works against the city from anti density to anti transit.

Someone from traffic to talk about interchange design and why certain designs are used in certain places and how bad a clover leaf is.

I think it would be neat to interview Bingo and maybe the guys from beyond to discuss Calgary’s online presence, how it is and isn’t representative of the city and how it has changed

I think your podcast should follow Markasoff’s vision of the urban affairs correspondent effectively answering the questions in the city of why is something the way it is and where is the city going and what are the impact of the decisions.

The first two were great and if you can continue to land high quality guests who have an interest in Calgary then who they are isn’t that important as long as they present reasonable and knowledgeable opinions.

Also a Yop Gobbler vs Latte Sipper cage match.

Last edited by GGG; 09-17-2018 at 10:05 PM.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: