View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 09:05 PM   #101
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
This might be the most embarrassing column of David Staples's storied basement-blogging career:

My god. What drivel.

My take:
  1. Edmonton is no good.
  2. Comparing Canada's armpit to the second largest metropolis in the United Kingdom is beyond laughable. Comparing the Edmonton Oilers to the Manchester United—perhaps the most storied and recognizable sports franchise in the entire world—defies any semblance of reason.
  3. Edmonton's memories of Gretzky and the 1980s success is absolutely NOT fading. Good lord. If anything, these memories are becoming fabrications of overactive imaginations that have been starved of success for such a long time there is nothing left to grasp onto.
  4. There is so much cheese in this blog-post that it practically dwarfs the surplus of dairy products in the US.
  5. David Staples is a cartoon character. I am starting to doubt that he is actually a real person.
I don't think any commentary necessary. Just embarassing that an article with that level of pure delusion is coming from the last vestiges of a big J journalists in that or any city.