View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #66
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
I didn't think about race at all when it came to mass shootings and initially I was a bit offended thinking that it played a part. But I decided to do a bit of research and it does seem like there is some validity to the statement, in that white males commit 63 percent of all mass shootings between 1982-2017 while making up 31 percent of the population.

There are a number of reasons I can think of for this. I think that as dumb as it may sound, but the cost associated with the weapons used for major mass shootings would be one of them. If there is someone who is in a lower SES they wouldn't be able to afford the AR-15 type of weapon which seems to be the gun of choice in a lot of the mass murders we have seen. Still I think that this deserves some more analysis as to where the anger is coming from.
I have to imagine that males commit 99% of mass shootings, so if 63% of mass shootings are committed by white males, that would seemingly be relatively proportional to their representation in these populations.
Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote