View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 10:35 PM   #768
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Anyway your task here is to explain why this was reasonable force when thousands of people get taken down by cops every year in this city and do not wind up with caved in skulls.
Has anyone (aside from some fanatic nutters on FB) said that the fractured skull is a result of reasonable force? Not that I'm aware of. Folks are saying that there are ways it could happen that do not include malicious intent on the part of the cop so that to immediately jump to the "the cop did it on purpose to try and mash the kids head through the concrete. Roid rage! RWAR!" narrative is disingenuous at best. It could have been an accident. It could have been intentional. We don't know, and stating that it MUST be one or the other, with the info that as been released, is, frankly, rather stupid.

Quote:
I'm not sure I could "accidentally" fall on someone and break their skull. I think I would have to try for that effect. I certainly could not do it if I had that person's safety in mind.
The cop may not have even had to fall on the child. The child could have fallen and hit his head on concrete and fractured his own skull, without being touched by the cop. When I was around that age, I fell and broke my arm. Bones are not unbreakable and when they meet with something harder, something has to give.

Also, if I am not mistaken, aren't kids bones softer and easier to break when they are younger? Isn't it something like bones don't start to really harden up until early 20's? It's not as difficult as you seem to be making it out to be.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote