View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #57
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Allen Edmonds are an excellent choice for business attire. I'm a lawyer who wears them. I get compliments on them all the time.

You do not want to wear a pair of $1000 shoes that look like they belong on an Italian runway to work. I see the young shady stockbrokers and salesmen in my building doing this all the time, and all it does is make them look like salesmen.

Allen Edmonds visibly look well made and have a classic style that is perfect for business attire. We're talking about dress shoes for work, not a social occasion.

Unless you want to go up into that $800+ price range, Allen Edmonds are one of the best choices. If you do any kind of walking beyond exiting your car from the parking lot, I'd recommend highly against wasting your money on the higher end shoes, as you'll quickly put wear on them making them look like not higher end shoes.
Allen Edmonds are great shoes. However, keep your eye out as they are now being made offshore and no longer American made. Quality may change.

One of the great things about this shoe is any with the leather soles may be sent back and completely refurbished for a small fee extending the life from 3 years to 6 years (depending on wear). If you look after the upper part, it's darn hard to tell, after refurbishment that these are not new shoes. I think that is a huge upside. Also, comfort, lacing and quality are extremely high in this brand.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote