View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #208
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
City sure. They spent a ####load of money over the last two summers and they really don't need a lot. The others, I'm not so sure. United has undoubtedly a number of holes in the squad. Spurs have done well to keep the band together again, so yeah, maybe Poch is happy with that.
Okay, this thread has been a bit touchy at times and I'm not trying to exacerbate that, you know when I'm being funny.

But United seem really disorganized.

I dont think I could place their best XI, they still have a good squad, a really good squad.

Normally teams have rotations and you know which core group are going to start against big clubs, which group will play the Caribou Cup, which XI in the Champions' League, etc, but United's squad seems kind of all over the place.

But the fact remains that they did finish 2nd, but its hard to place much value on that because 1st was done and dusted really early so winning the league didnt really matter it was more about jockeying for top 4 spots and CL performance so the conclusions that you can draw based on last seasons placings are somewhat flawed.

I think this upcoming season is going to be wild. I still think City are the class of the league but United could perform better or worse and I think the same can be said of Arsenal and Spurs and Liverpool and Chelsea are just complete wildcards.

My own insane prediction is that Liverpool are going to go for broke for the Champions' League this year. With the revamp of Real Madrid and Barca being more or less stagnant they could make a go of it.

That window that has been dominated by Spain seems as open as its ever going to be.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: