View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 01:36 PM   #51
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
This sounds like a recommendation from Bouw N Arrow. Olympia is fast food. Red Robins is a crappy burger chain, and Kelly O'Bryan's is a gimmicky pub. Why not just recommend hitting up the food court in Orchard Park Mall?

I'd recommend going to Ferrara's Italian Market.

Basil & Mint was nice. Littlest Hobo is good for sandwiches. Buy the Sea is amazing, and is comparable to The Fish Counter in Vancouver.

I've been to Summerhill for dinner. Like most wineries, the view is excellent and the food is meh. Mission Hill's restaurant is excellent, although it is pricey.

If you have time I'd drive down to Oliver and Penticton for better wineries and better food. Here I'd recommend the Miradoro Restaurant at Tinhorn Winery or Vanilla Pod at Poplar Grove for sit down restaurants.

In Oliver I'd recommend Hammer's House of Hog for outstanding pulled pork. It's some of the best I've ever had, and I recently spent a week in Austin, Texas.

For Mexican I'd go to Sofia's in Osoyoos/Oliver. It doesn't look like much, but I'm told it's the best Mexican place by many people. Also, if you look at the patrons, it's where all the local Mexicans eat. It's kind of in a truck next to a fruit stand, but completely worth it. I've only eaten there once, but on a recent trip my traveling partner ate there 5 times.

Orchard Park has some great Japanese food.. I think the place is called "Edo Japan"
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote