View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #2015
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
Well the Jays need a lot of everything really. Acquire as many young-ish pieces and see what sticks to the wall. I love prospects with plus upside but the Jays also need 40 man roster level players. Solarte is 31 and isn’t really a long term piece, Neither is Diaz. Drury will be cheap and has some upside. Don’t get me wrong I’m not over the moon with this deal but I’m not disappointed.

As far as I’m concerned every position 1 through 9 is up for grabs.
I don't disagree with this but my only thought as it relates to Happ is I think the Jays would be wise to target more upside and I thought Happ was an opportunity to do so and those opportunities are not plentiful.

I think Jays are likely 2-3 seasons away, best case, to being realistically able to compete. Drury/Mckkinney fit that age range but at the same time why not swing and try to hit on someone who can be more than just an avg starter or a utility guy? that's my questions mark.

I also don't know negotiations well enough and perhaps those types were never on the table but I think that's why the deal is underwhelming to me.
cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote