View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 10:32 PM   #118
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's funny that so much has been written about Feaster's interpretation vs the league's interpretation because I think the most-likely thing is exactly what Jacks suggests here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Personally I don't think the Flames knew that O'Reilly had played in the KHL when they made the offer sheet. His agent said he didnt' know, O'Reilly was listed on the KHL roster sheet with a different spelling (can't find evidece now but remember seeing a picture of the roster list at the time). If the Avalance had known they would have made sure all teams were aware since it would have destroyed O'Reilly's bargaining power. I think they tried to cover their asses after the fact but didn't know at the time. Several teams inquired and there was more than one offer sheet so it makes you wonder.That would also explain why they didn't get clarification from the league.
The Avs matched so fast that it instantly became an academic discussion that means nothing. Everything since then has just been people pretending they weren't completely incompetent and/or were smarter than everyone else.