View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 07:26 PM   #118
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
well given that they are trying to offload deadwood in other areas too (Blind has just been sold back to Ajax, and Darmian is probably off to Juventus or Inter), I'm sure they'd want to sell a CB before they bring one in. Right now, they already have Bailly, Lindelöf, Smalling, Jones and Rojo, and that's before you factor in prospects like Tuanzebe. It's a crowded room already, even with all their injuries. Can they sell Smalling, Jones or Rojo to make room? ...

Either way, I hope they stay clear from Alderweireld. Really like him, but way too expensive and coming off an injury-plagued season. If they did buy a CB this summer, I hope they'd go for Maguire or, even better, Pavard, who is my favourite young CB in world football by a mile. I'm biased because I like Stuttgart a lot, but still.

But there's more pressing needs in the squad anyway, namely left back and right wing.
Yup - buying Pavard would be a smart piece of business for any team IMO.

Potential to be elite, can play CB or RB, and is still only 22.

Had some flashes in that World Cup where he reminded me of Maldini with his style of play and just how technically strong he was both going forward and defensively (of course he’s not even in the same stratosphere as Maldini was but quite frankly no one is)

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 07-18-2018 at 07:34 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote