View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #112
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
We probably will see a more competitive season at the top
we'll see. City were so far ahead last season, their team doesn't really need a lot of strengthening this year and I'd expect them to be the clear favourite once again. Also not convinced they've given up on a midfield signing ... getting an upgrade or at least an alternative to Fernandinho would help them. Liverpool has splashed a lot of cash, but pretty wisely. Alisson is way too expensive, but a necessary acquisition after the Karius debacle. Their midfield signings are smart, we'll see how quickly they click and whether Salah can repeat his ridiculous season. Spurs still have the same look as last season, but that might not be a bad thing for them. Chelsea will have a completely different look this season and Sarri is a fantastic manager. But if they sell Hazard, it might be tough for them. Arsenal have done some interesting business, but I'm not sold at all when it comes to Emery.

As for United, I'm not optimistic at all. Fred was a decent signing, but there's no other signings in sight and Mourinho isn't happy about it. My guess is they are cautious about his often short-sighted approach and don't just want him to splash cash in whatever way he wants to. I can already see him moan about it, citing a "lack of quality" throughout the season ... heck, there might even be a good old Mourinho meltdown on the horizon. Maybe I'm completely wrong here, who knows. But so far, this summer does not fill me with confidence.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote