View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 10:17 PM   #1948
Husky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
This makes utterly no sense... Tkachuk before he got injured was on pace for 30 goals with largely 2nd line minutes and split time between 1st/2nd PP units. You forget just how deep this team is and what types of players Pacioretty would be playing with. Say that trade did go through, you’re telling me he wouldn’t have a good chance to score 30+ with these guys?

Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal
Pacioretty - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Bennett - Backlund - Ryan
Frolik - Jankowski - Czarnik
Lazar, Foo

PP1
Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Giordano - Ryan

PP2
Pacioretty - Backlund - Neal
Hanifin - Brodie

This team would be so deep if we added a guy like patches it’s not even funny but for me it would have to have a few conditions;

- Frolik needs to get dealt at some point to allow for bonus overages; Tkachuk and Bennett extensions
- Deal for Pacioretty doesn’t exceed 5 years, he’s 31 and can look at Neal as a comparable term and add .75 mill per — 6 x 6.5 39 mill deal
- Brouwer is a must and can not have retention; Stone is to make cap work and allow for internal growth (Andersson)
- If its a 1st and a 2nd combo to make it work then it means no additional prospects.

I could get behind this deal; Pacioretty is a legit sniper and would make us incredibly lethal through top 6 and allowing for even further balanced scoring in the bottom 6.
You use a sample size of 1 season. Its like me says oatxhes scored less then 20 goals last tear on the top line, so based on that small sample he isnt even a 20 goal scorer on a top line.