View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #66
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yes McDavid does bring a factor that no other player in the league does right now but you can't win hockey games with just him performing, the Oilers proved that this past season.

The Flames have a more complete first line now, a bonafide top line LW, C and RW who will get to see the ice together.

The Oilers have 1 bonafide top line player in McDavid. Don't you think he would get 50 goals and 150 points if he had Gaudreau and Neal on his wings? I do. The plugs the Oilers have to slot in next to McDavid hinder his ability to score even more points.

The only way the Oilers have a chance to add good players to his line is detrimental to the rest of the lines, that isn't the case for the Flames, on paper right now.

Yup 50 is definitely better, but overall team performance and DEPTH for all 4 lines matter. The oilers have a bunch of AHLers on their roster, McDavid makes it so the Oilers aren't 31st place but like 27th instead.

I'll take the Flames roster and prospects every day of the week based on DEPTH, which is what this thread is about.