View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #64
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
It's possible that the Flames players may score more goals. I don't see how they will be a better line though.

You say Neal is far better than Rattie and its true, but Mcdavid has outproduced Gaudreau by 63 points in the last two seasons. That's nearly the same as the gap in production between Neal and Rattie(74) and Rattie only played 19 games in that span.

If you look at runs for/against McDavid is +47 over the last two seasons. He outscores everyone he plays against at a phenomenal rate and he's had a rotating cast of line mates. I think its safe to say that Mcdavid plus whoever is going to be a dominant line.

I think the Knights line is in for a market correction. Karlsson shot 23% last year. I would bet my house that he scores less goals this year.

So you’re saying the gap between McDavid-Gaudreau is basically covered by the gap between Rattie-Neal (although I wouldn’t call an extra 11 points insignificant). Then you have Monahan who has outproduced RNH by over 30 points the last 2 seasons, so the Flames top line are a net +27 in points produced last year vs. the Oilers. So again, how is the Oilers top line higher ranked than the Flames? Or should we just chalk that up to the “McDavid” factor?