View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #63
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'd argue that at best that Oilers top line is third best in the pacific.

Right now, you look at Calgary's top line with Monahan being better the RNH, Neal being far better the Rattie and McDavid being better then Gaudreau, but Calgary's top line will probably outproduce Edmonton's top line. The Knights top line until proven differently is the class of the pacific, their production last year puts it there.
It's possible that the Flames players may score more goals. I don't see how they will be a better line though.

You say Neal is far better than Rattie and its true, but Mcdavid has outproduced Gaudreau by 63 points in the last two seasons. That's nearly the same as the gap in production between Neal and Rattie(74) and Rattie only played 19 games in that span.

If you look at runs for/against McDavid is +47 over the last two seasons. He outscores everyone he plays against at a phenomenal rate and he's had a rotating cast of line mates. I think its safe to say that Mcdavid plus whoever is going to be a dominant line.

I think the Knights line is in for a market correction. Karlsson shot 23% last year. I would bet my house that he scores less goals this year.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote