View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 11:27 AM   #1084
JohnnyTitan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

OK - here comes an un-popular option, I'm sure. And I'll be the first to admit it...Bennett has disappointed but I'm an apologist and I don't want to give up on him!

Line 1a:
Tkachuk - Monahan - Lindholm

Tkachuk deserves more offensive linemates. He's "Graduated" Backs and Frolik. I think together these three can drive play, everyone is on their natural side / wing and Lindolm can take important draws on that side of the ice. And neat to have the #5 and #6 2013 draft picks play together / push each other!

Line 1b:
Gaudreau - Bennett - Neal

Watching those Neal highlight packages...he's gotta play with Johnny IMO. That shot. From anywhere!?!? He's going to be scoring all day long with Johnny saucing him passes. If Mony finishes 30+ times a season with regularity I don't see how Neal won't out-do that. Wow!

So need someone to get in the corners, retrieve pucks with a nice balance of skill and grit. Shooting and playmaking. BENNETT! ;-) And the RH / LH thing works. Bennett's face-offs actually got a lot better last year too.

Line 3:
Jankowski - Backlund - Frolik

How much of a downgrade will it be from Tkachuk to Janko? I'd like to see! Again everyone on their natural wing. The sophmore can be "sheltered" by two of the best and it's still a 3M line! I would expect shut-down and scoring from a line that is 2/3rds of the NHLs best possession line 2 seasons ago.

4th line:
Lazar - Ryan - Brouwer / Czarnik
Extra: Brouwer / Czarnik

You can't win draws against them and you can't out-hustle / out-skate some of them. A good energy line that SHOULD over-match their competition on most nights. Sucks to have two guys making $7.65M on your 4th line but that's what this depth gives you.

Get rid of Hathaway (good guy but not young and not needed) and Mangiapane is your first injury call-up at wing.
JohnnyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyTitan For This Useful Post: