View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #1151
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Is he better than Brouwer? Is he better than Lazar? Personally, I think the answer to both of those is a resounding "yes".

I bring him in on a PTO, see how he skates. There's history with the coach, history with the GM.
He has posted 47.0 and 47.8 CF% during his time as a Flame when the Flames were pretty much all about CF% (thanks Glen).

I would much sooner continue to work on developing Lazar than see Versteeg (or Brouwer) play on a nightly basis. Lazar showed improvement last year once he actually started to get into the line-up consistently. Lazar pushes the pace on the forecheck and can skate - and with the Flames likely moving to a much faster brand of hockey next year, Versteeg (...and Brouwer) just don't fit in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Gaudreau-Monahan-Mangiapane
Tkachuk-Backlund-Lindholm
Jankowski-Bennett-Versteeg
Frolik-Shore-Czarnik
Lazar
Brouwer
I just don't see how the Flames go into a season with THAT line-up and expect to be better. Bennett and Jankowski, if they play together, need a better player than Versteeg to help them contribute offensively while being strong defensively.

Eatbread on the first line doesn't make sense to me. That looks like a line-up built to fail the moment a single injury occurs.

Last edited by ComixZone; 06-25-2018 at 03:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post: