View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 05:14 PM   #14336
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4(aq) View Post
All the people piling on damage must have misread his post. He isn’t saying it’s 50/50 because only two outcomes exist. He’s saying it’s 50/50 because in his opinion there’s a 50% chance Fox signs.

Personally I disagree, I think the chance he signs would be roughly 80%, but again that’s a loose guess. Jiri wants to point to past college prospects as a baseline on percentage. And while that is valid to an extent, is neglects the fact that “high profile” college prospects have a greater risk of becoming free agents than lesser known players. For that reason I don’t believe damage is being obtuse by saying the odds are probably 50%. It’s a reasonable assumption. And all you guys piling on with your “funny” drive by 50/50 jokes are petty.
Higher profile college prospects are highly unlikely to wait the 4+ years required to become UFA's, so I disagree with that statement. It's those late bloomers that need the 4 years in college to develop that sometimes decide they might as well test the waters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: