View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 04:02 PM   #14333
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
Honestly, I'm a pretty big fan of Ferland. I loved the fact that he came out this year and used that laser shot and potted as many goals as he did. He does have great talent and seems to fit on that top line, but it's hard to argue against the fact that he occasionally just goes completely cold and stops scoring. Now, I'm not expecting the guy to get 50, but for him to be accepted (on this site at least) as a top line winger, he needs to even out his play and show that he can stay useful during the cold streaks.

But despite my previous post, I'm okay with him up there as well. I was mostly just pointing to Hayes as a possible target and outlining why he'd be a good fit. Ferland on the second line and bumping Frolik down to third, and so on would be ideal to me. Or even Hayes on second. Whatever works.

Funny... you are the only poster I am able to quote presently - all my other posts today turn up blank when I quote.

I do agree that Hayes is a decent target for the Flames, though I do think that he would be more costly than anticipated to acquire. To me it makes no difference if Ferland is playing top line or 2nd line, and I also agree that Frolik needs to be pushed down to the 3rd. A top 6 RW'er would definitely be an asset to this team, but I am also fine with no acquisition.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Bennett/Jankowski - Bennett/Jankowski

Frolik - Backlund - Foo/Mangiapane/Lazar

I think that is a good enough lineup. My only concern is if a prolonged injury or two hit the Flames, and Dube, Klimchuk and a few others aren't ready for a long stay, but that is the problem with any team really.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: