View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 05:17 PM   #4
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I found this excerpt from the article interesting

Quote:
After a while, each day, and even entire chunks of the season, became almost like a daze. I was so medicated, and it began to get pretty frightening for me. So I decided that I needed to do something. I got my courage up, and got my #### together, and found a way to tell some people with the team I was playing for that I had a problem. It took everything I had in me to do that, but the response I received when I spoke to people was really uplifting. Everyone I talked to was so understanding. Every single person said they were there for me, and that they wanted to get me the help I needed.

A few weeks later, after the season had ended, I was back home in Nobleton, Ontario, at the old town hall, helping my folks set up for my sister’s buck and doe party before her wedding, when the phone rang.

One of my buddies had seen my name on the ESPN ticker.

“Nick, what the hell, man? I can’t believe it.”

I had no clue what he was talking about.

Turns out that less than a month after I’d gone to my team and asked for help, I got traded away to another city.
Nick was traded twice in June around the draft. Once by the Boston Bruins, and another time by the Phoenix Coyotes. (Click on Show Trades)

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=23713

I really don't know which team would is more likely to have traded him away after his request for help. However, Treliving was NOT the AGM at the time in the desert, so he had no say in that decision if it was the Coyotes.

It seems pretty despicable to do that to a player in need. I find it doubtful that his condition was disclosed prior to the trade, so that GM probably traded damaged goods to his rival without telling him.

My money is on Chiarelli in 2006.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote