Thread: 2018 World Cup
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 02:46 PM   #93
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
I see a roster that is somewhat equal, while Brazil has the two better players in Neymar and Coutinho. They also have the best fullback in the world and a tank for a CDM in Casemiro who gets to line up next to Fernandinho. Brazil now also have Allison as their goalie, who was the best goalkeeper in the serie A last season. This isn’t even taking into account the chemistry that Gabriel Jesus has with Neymar and Coutinho. I take Brazil’s team every time. Anything can happen in such a short tournament but on paper and taken recent play into account I would easily take Brazil. 2014 has no bearing on this tournament, a subjective look at the rosters and I struggle to see how a neutral would choose Germany’s Team over Brazil’s.

And if Brazil loses I will gladly eat crow, it’s football and not life. Like I said earlier my resentment towards Germany has nothing to do with a sport.
Reina was better.

My problem (call it anecdotal), with the Brazilians, nay South American's is the prevalence of gross, systemic simulation. Until they play in the EPL, and have it beat out of them.

Sure, there are bad apples on many of the other continents teams, but the South American's are disproportionate in exaggerated diving. When they don't though, they play some beautiful, beautiful football.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote