Old 05-14-2018, 06:49 AM   #12312
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Haha what?? Sorry, I don't follow....

Zibanejad is just turned 25, and had 27 goals. He's also had 3 20+ goal seasons and one with 16 in 69 games and one with 14 in 56 games. He is also under contract for 4 more seasons.

Hayes just turned 26 and had 25 goals last year and has had 17 or more goals in 3 out 4 total NHL seasons. He is also an RFA and rumored to want a 5 year deal under $5 million.

They are also both centers, or can play center.

Bennett and Brodie had 15 goals combined, and Fox obviously had zero. If anything it's kind of a steal for the Flames.

This is exactly the type of trade the Flames need to make. They had trouble scoring goals, and have an over abundance of D. It's not like trading for a couple 30 year olds who have 1 or 2 years left on their deal. It's about supplementing a really good young core with other good young top 6 forwards who will be here for the duration of what we hope will be a contention window.

To reiterate I think it would be a terrible move to send out the remaining of our movable assets for 2 guys that have stats lines that resemble Frolik or Brouwer’s prior to when they came to the Flames (albeit slightly better)

You are selling Brodie and Bennett at their absolute lowest after they were ruined under Gulutzan and you send out one of the top 4 D prospects leaving the Flames with hardly any movable assets and we add a couple of second line players.

I think the flames need to be chasing a legit top line player that can either make thenfirst line one of the best in the league or solidify a second line with Tkachuk.

I just think having a bunch of $5M forwards littered throughout the second and third line is a terrible play and that is what this trade does.