View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 08:26 AM   #136
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
My point was that we could have achieved the same point totals as last year while icing a substantially more entertaining team to watch.

Obviously I would not trade four players for four 7th round picks, but if we did I don't honestly think we would be losing much.

We had one entertaining season under Hartley, but otherwise the Flames have been so, so, so boring to watch.

Please at least be fun, Flames.

As for the 4tocktone players added to the roster... that would still be more talent than the new coach had to work with in Carolina.
I think we would have been significantly worse. I don't think the Flames season was as bad as it looks. The nose dive at the end was a result of injuries/time off for our best players (Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Monahan, Brodie (to a lesser extent)) and I also think the team kind of gave up on GG at the end. That's not to say the season wasn't a disappointment, but I think if those injuries didn't happen and we finished out the season at around .500 (which I think is probably a fair estimate) instead of like.200 or whatever it was for that stretch, we'd be assessing our roster a bit differently. Kind of a recency bias, I would guess.
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote