View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #1973
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A couple pages back there was talk about whether or not Arsene was a great manager. Despite the fact today's new excites me and I've been hoping for it to happen for numerous seasons, I have to say that I do consider him to be a great manager. Although he did not adapt his tactics and approach, it wasn't due to an inability to adapt to the modern game but rather a refusal to adapt to approaches that he thought would compromise his beliefs and philosophy. Ironically, that stubbornness is probably something that aided in his triumphs and successes.

As expected, today is such a bittersweet moment. It's like welcoming the birth of a child on the same day as the death a parent. Excitement for what should be a promising and greatly anticipated future but sorrow for what is still a loss. However, I'm going to take a page out Wenger's book and appreciate the beauty of it all. I'll be singing his song on Sunday and in Lyon. The lads just need to make sure they do right by him and book his passage for the final. Especially as the holder of both season tickets I'm taking care of will now be back in the country for Burnely. #MerciArsene
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addick For This Useful Post: