View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 09:18 AM   #10052
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike View Post
The Flames really need to unload 1 or 2 Dmen. Anderson should be in the NHL already. Valimaki will be on the way soon. Then there’s Kylington. I’d even be ok with Wotherspoon on the bottom pairing.

The Hamonic trade really looks awful in hindsight. Not just because of what the Flames gave up, but because it created a logjam at D.
There's no indication Wotherspoon is in the Flames plans, other than being a vet at the AHL level. There are at least 4 D (Anderson, Kylington, Valimaki, Fox) ahead of him on the depth chart and maybe even 5 (goloubef).

The logjam at D is a good thing if anything. It has allowed the team to keep Anderson in the A to further develop his game and leave little doubt he is ready for full time duty. Further, stocking the cupboards at a position that other GM's will pay a premium for is a real strength that the organization needs to leverage to address areas of weakness.

In the not too distant future, the Flames need to make a decision on Fox. If I were in Fox's shoes, or his agents, the conversation I would have with the Flames is 'before I sign a contract, I want to know where I fit in n the Flames roster. Not the heat'. The Flames can't afford to have a Jimmy Vesey/Justin Schultz situation.