View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 11:22 AM   #318
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Beninho - Can you expand a bit on what Phillips is good at and the things he needs to work on? You seem really high on his skillset and tbh he's been borderline invisible in the handful of times I've seen him.
Well I can’t comment on the games you’ve seen him in, this season I felt he had a big development year. Seemed a lot stronger on the puck and faster in my viewings (went to around 15 games this year). Phillips has a certain dynamic element about him that got fans off their seats in pretty much every game I went to. He has a really quick shot and super soft hands around the net. His puck handling is not quite Johnny level but is still quite good and his hockey sense in the offensive zone seems to be high. He was used on the PK all year and does not play just in the offensive zone but he works hard in all 3 zones.

Obviously none of this matters until he proves he can do it playing vs men but I have a high confidence he will make the NHL at some point. He outplayed many higher end prospects throughout the last 2-3 seasons.

Last edited by Beninho; 04-12-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post: