Thread: Enmax Bills
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #200
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Would you like a 4th? My wife wants to sell hers.
Ask her. Actually don't. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
I bought a wall plug power meter a while ago. Aquariums use almost nothing. My 50 gallon uses about 10 watts (I have LED lights though).

Nothing sucks back electricity like your fridge and your clothes dryer.
I've actually got one of those meter things. I should find it and put the aquariums to the test. Perhaps my blame is misplaced, as our 16-year-old fridge is the only major appliance in the house that hasn't been replaced since we bought this house.

One thing that definitely did save me a noticeable amount of money was not letting my desktop PC run 24/7. It isn't a fancy, high powered machine, and I would let the monitors sleep, but I used to let it run so I could access it remotely. Now I force it to sleep (or shut it down if I know I won't be using it for a few days) and it made a noticeable difference to my little graph on the Enmax Energy IQ thing that shows you your usage compared to other homes. I can wake it remotely by sending a WOL magic packet when I do need to use it, and use it only occasionally anyway, so it really was silly to let it run 24/7.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote