Thread: Enmax Bills
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 07:53 AM   #191
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Excuse my ignorance on the topic, but I've always been a "set it and forget it" sort of guy with electricity rates.

Currently I'm on the EasyMax floating rate for electricity. I could lock in today via the web site for a 1-year fixed term of 5.89¢/kWh. Despite being labelled as a 1-year team, I could switch back to floating at any time, but only once per month. Is that correct?

So I could, in theory, switch to this fixed rate while rates spike in the coming month or two, but as soon as the floating goes below 5.89¢/kWh (and looks like it might stay there), switch back to floating? No fees or penalties incurred?

Obviously the actual electricity usage of any given bill is a depressingly low part of it. Fees, riders, charges, etc. make up the bulk, regardless of your usage. But still - even if it puts $10 in my pocket instead of Enmax, maybe I should make the switch for the short term. And just remember to switch it back.

Finally, this talk of the 6.8 cap - how do I determine whether my plan qualifies for this? I can't see anything when I log in on the web site. Is this something that only a customer service person can confirm?
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote