View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #10
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutout View Post
Have to wonder if Jagr, even injured, was providing some of that dressing room leadership when it looked like they turned the corner and had the win streak going. Right after that he was gone and the team had two weeks off over three weeks and they never looked good since. Lack of effort, consistency, and competitiveness had disappeared.

If that's the case than some changes to the teams character have to be made or this team will do nothing but compete for mediocrity.
I haven't read the article only the summary in the first post. I agree with your comment regarding Jagr and if the points being reported are correct about lack of leadership and a poor environment it doesn't really surprise me. One of my beliefs and a point that I previously made in our Iggy discussions is that the young Flames (Johnny, Monahan, Bennett, etc.) need a veteran presence to mentor and guide them such a Jagr or Iggy. I believe this is a key contributor to the problems in Edmonton over the last ten years with guys like Hall, Eberle, RNH and maybe even McDavid. The kids in Edmonton had skills and plenty of potential but lacked mentorship from a veteran.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post: