View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 10:23 AM   #58
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
I don't have time to post my thoughts on each player or coach at the moment but the scenario I really think needs to happen is moving a Dman, probably Brodie, for a RW. I think Rasmus Andersson can step in next year and play with either Stone or Kulak on the bottom pairing. Calgary needs an offensively-minded RW that can still be responsible in his own end (is there one out there?). Hopefully a burner. That would allow Ferland to move down to the 3rd line with Jankowski and Bennett. It would hopefully let Ferland get some of his old jam back instead of trying to keep his nose clean all the time. That's not his game.

I keep going back to Eberle in NY. I don't suppose that he's the most defensively responsible RW in the league but I think he'd make a nice addition to that top line. He has so many Calgary ties and if NYI re-sign Tavares they may need to move some salary off of the books. Plus, Leddy regressed on defence this season and when De Haan went down to injury, the Islanders struggled the rest of the year keeping the puck out of the net. I don't know. Just spit-ballin' here.

Maybe do something a little larger at the draft and try to get a pick in the first couple of rounds.

Bottom line: I hope Treliving moves a defenseman out for a forward.

Can Treliving pull this move Brodie for Eberle and one of the 1st picks either Flames or Islanders.

Treliving is going to move a defensemen out for sure could be 1 or 2 but it will happen.
kukkudo is online now   Reply With Quote