View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:48 AM   #80
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
to me in quad hockey, nothing should be given - if you want more ice time, practice better and harder and then play better and harder.

if the player is unhappy, he needs to have a conversation with the coach - if there is still not clarity, then the player, parent, coach and manager need to have a conversation to ensure the message is clear.

to me every team has a "pecking order", there are always guys ion every team who are at the top and others who are at the bottom.
I don't know if I agree with you.

Wiat I agree about working harder, standing out and progressing. However we all know getting a young player to approach a coach is more of a two way street, I've learned that coaching Bantam.

for a lot of young players that skill set of approaching an adult like a coach is a huge hill to climb. Instead a lot of young players will actually withdraw from the process.

As a coach you have to be able to read your players and create trust so that a player is willing to approach you with questions or problems, or that you know when to approach a player and talk to them and give them one on one coaching.

I was at a coaching seminar the other day, and I was joking with another coach about our experiences growing up, when the only time a coach would talk to you would be to rip your face off, show it to you and then sew it on upside down. And even the act of saying "Good morning" or "Hi" to a coach was an exercise in finding a hiding place to dive into if it went wrong.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote