View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 01:51 PM   #21
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I've done intermittent fasting for the last 6 months or so, typically eat between 10am - 8pm (I'm lazy and go for the 10 hour window, but may start narrowing as I've gotten used to it) and cheat 1-2 days a week on the weekend (you get 2 cheat days a week while still getting all the positive affects). Biggest difference I've notice is I have more energy in the morning, better BM, better focus during the day and carry a little less fat (slim build). It's enough of an improvement that I've decided to keep it up indefinitely, my SO has done the same.

The Matata Method: I have a daily routine done first thing in the morning (6am), do hot yoga one day a week, and take one day off a week. Get a massage every 2 months. Generally speaking, my body feels pretty great most of the time.

Daily routine:
breathing exercise / meditation - 20 mins (breathing technique taken from "Wim Hof" Method)
Freestyle Yoga - 40 mins (mostly strength, balance and stretching. Do whatever I'm in the mood for, I try to use DDP yoga as my main influence).
Cold shower - 5 mins (and I mean cold, also taken from "Wim Hof" method)
Hot Shower - 5 mins

Cold showers are amazing for you, you get so much out of an unpleasent few minutes, easily worth it:

Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post: