View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 01:13 AM   #176
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I carry half Russian blood.

My grandparents on one side are from Poland. The other side are Russian, and that doesn’t make me happy.

When you see the level of complacency with the utter corruption, top to bottom. And the almost unanimous adulation the country has for the worlds most corrupt murderous gangster in Putin, I cannot have sympathy for anyone there.
I also have half Russian blood (the other half is jewish). Corruption is only high near the top, for ordinary people corruption is largely reduced and nowhere near as bad, as it used to be in the USSR where you had to bribe for everything. Russians don't quite adule Putin, except in the official propaganda reports. That being said, Putin, for all his flaws, used to be a pretty competent state leader, although he is surely declining with age. He did murder his political opponents, no doubt about it, and propaganda machine is running at full cylinders, but for massess it is more about whether he can or can not lead the country, and the consensus is that he is actually good at that.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote