View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #99
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
We are on different planets here. The newspapers should have a duty to fact check their sources before destroying a persons life. They should take the assumption that the accused is innocent unless they have compelling evidence otherwise, there is no one else that corroborates her story. The last 10-15 years or so have seen a massive decline in the standards of journalism, the gotcha crap we see now days is pathetic. I hope Brown sues CTV into the stone age the way the Gawker was put to rest.
I agree with you. And I hope Brown goes under oath and testifies that none of this was true and if he meets the burden of the courts that CTV is destroyed.

That said I think CTV was correct in publishing at least the 2nd allegation. The second complaint has not been discredited at all. In fact we now have corrberation that Brown and the complaintant were in the bedroom together when the incident is alleged to occur. The work place harassment has not been addressed at all.

Newspapers have broken stories based on anonymous sources and statements from witnesses without hard evidence. The Catholic Church was brought down by the globe based on statements from victims years after the fact without hard evidence. Weinstein was brought down in a similar manner. The standard to publish in a newspaper is lower than the burden required by a court to convict. This a good thing that has provided public benefit.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote