View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #507
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Self-Defense has nothing to do with it as Stanley claimed he never intended to point the gun at Bouchie.
I totally get that. But what I'm thinking is that the context of the situation can not be ignored. Whether he claimed it or not, he was in a stressful self defense situation. He wasn't target shooting with buddies. If he was target shooting with buddies he'd be guilty. The situation obviously was taken into consideration by the jurors.

This didn't happen in a vacuum. Because he didn't testify to self defense doesn't mean he wasn't in fact in that sort of a situation when the incident happened. He didn't intend to point the gun at someone in self defense but maybe that's what the jury believed happened. Or at least that was a part of the over all truth that can't be ignored.

In any case I believe reasonable people would assume after pulling the trigger a number of times any gun would be clear of live rounds. That's just totally normal. No argument to be had there. It just comes down to what you believe actually happened.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post: