View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:29 PM   #96
jonkaupp
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Your point is muddied in hindsight. So when you nail down that time traveling, come back to your point and I’ll hop in with you and we’ll go back and (kill Hitler first), then re-do the 2014 entry draft.

Bennett was the top ranked forward in the draft, and you know what I firmly believe (since we’re dealing with things like hindsight)? If he had been playing on McDavid’s wing, he’d have put up some pretty excellent numbers just like Draisaitl. Heck, if he had been kept with good players like Backlund, I bet this thread wouldn’t even exist.
Lol saying that Bennett is a product of his situation and entirely removing the blame from the player himself is truly pathetic analysis, about the worst kind that can be made. Draisaitl has way outperformed Bennett, whether it be with McDavid or driving his own line. I guess Tkachuk is only good because he plays with Backlund? Like how out of touch is that crap.

How anyone that can say that Bennett, to this point in his career, is not a huge disappointment is perplexing. Hopefully something changes but there’s next to nothing redeemable about how he performs night in and night out. And everyone saying that it’s impressive that he’s in the NHL as a 21 year old (it’s not by the way) need to remember that if it weren’t for waiver eligibility there’s a good chance he would be going back and forth from the NHL and AHL with his current play, and that’d likely be a good thing for him.
jonkaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jonkaupp For This Useful Post: