View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 09:20 PM   #238
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I mean after sort of skimming it my first instinct was to ignore it - the purpose of articles like this are to reassure an audience that already has predispositions that it's right to feel superior to Peterson and anyone who'd pay any attention to him. But fine, here are a few quotes. If you think these represent a particularly honest engagement with Peterson's views, I don't really know what to say to you about that.

It's basically non-stop with that stuff, and it should be self-evident if you don't already believe that Peterson is evil incarnate that none of it is fairminded. And yeah, a lot of it is out of context:

You're right, I just can't for the life of me imagine what Cliff's objection might have been to that particular style of engaging with someone's views.

If you're interested in what a fair critique of the guy looks like, I posted one on the last page, which explores in depth the issue that I raised earlier in the thread, including its implications for Peterson selling half-truths to the credulous followers who worship him.
I did read the article you posted and it's obviously far superior to this one. You still haven't outlined where Peterson has been misquoted or taken out of context in this piece. Yeah it's an opinion piece and yeah it's not exactly balanced, that in itself doesn't make anything the author said untrue.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote